If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I used to really hate goat cheese. My college roommate, a cheese connoisseur, told me to just wait until I had really good goat cheese. Turns out, she was right. Last week, Whole Foods market generously gave away a ton of free products to their Facebook Fans as a kind of customer appreciation day. One of the items they gave was goat cheese. I’m used to things being of high quality from them, so I decided to give goat cheese one more try. I’m glad I did. It’s creamy, and combines so well with fresh herbs like rosemary. - Christina Singletary
- 1/2 baguette (day old is great)
- goat cheese
- fresh rosemary
- red pepper flakes
- dried parsley
- garlic salt
- butter or non-dairy spread (I like Earth Balance)
- Cut baguette into very thin slices. Place on a tray and toast in the toaster oven on one side about one minute on 250-300 degrees.
- Butter the untoasted side, and then put them back in the oven for another minute. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove them from the oven and add a dollop of goat cheese. Sprinkle with parsley, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt.
- Top each crostini with a sprig of rosemary. Place back in the oven for another couple minutes, until crispy. Enjoy!