Author Notes: I used to really hate goat cheese. My college roommate, a cheese connoisseur, told me to just wait until I had really good goat cheese. Turns out, she was right. Last week, Whole Foods market generously gave away a ton of free products to their Facebook Fans as a kind of customer appreciation day. One of the items they gave was goat cheese. I’m used to things being of high quality from them, so I decided to give goat cheese one more try. I’m glad I did. It’s creamy, and combines so well with fresh herbs like rosemary. - Christina Singletary
- 1/2 baguette (day old is great)
- goat cheese
- fresh rosemary
- red pepper flakes
- dried parsley
- garlic salt
- butter or non-dairy spread (I like Earth Balance)
- Cut baguette into very thin slices. Place on a tray and toast in the toaster oven on one side about one minute on 250-300 degrees.
- Butter the untoasted side, and then put them back in the oven for another minute. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove them from the oven and add a dollop of goat cheese. Sprinkle with parsley, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt.
- Top each crostini with a sprig of rosemary. Place back in the oven for another couple minutes, until crispy. Enjoy!