If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A light appetizer of great addition to a salad, these rolls offer sweet, smoky and creamy textures give these rolls a great twist if flavors. - sweetlife - sweetlife
Food52 Review: These cute, little rolls are a wonderful combination of flavors. The sweet glaze on the squash is a wonderful match for the salty feta. A little lemon juice mashed in with avocado adds just enough tang. Make them for an outdoor summer dinner party. - Stephanie - The Editors
Honey Balsamic Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk to combine, taste for seasoning
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchinni
- 1 large avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- with a peeler, mandolin or knife cut your veggies lengthwise into strips, try no to cut them either too thin or too thick, for easier rolling. heat your grill or indoor grill pan brush your marinade on the veggies and place on the heated grill, lay crosswise if you desire grill marks, they do make for a nice presentation. grill on each side until slightly tender, about 2 minutes. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature. While the veggies cool, cut and place you avocado into a bowl and mash, adding lemon juice. crumble your feta when veggies are cool spread the mashed avocado and add your feta. roll and either place seam side down, or attach festive toothpick. serve along side leftover marinade.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
Good day, sunshine.
Gifts for Mother's Day
Make better cookies.