If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered this delicious, simple salad in Florence last summer. In true Italian style, it has a minimum of ingredients with a focus on quality. In this case, peak season zucchini is paired with a nutty, mildly piquant Pecorino cheese and dressed with a high quality extra-virgin olive oil and white truffle oil. The olive oil will bind the salad, while the truffle oil will seve as garnish. This is also economically efficient, as truffle oil is pricey - it's only added as the final flourish. - TasteFood - TasteFood
Food52 Review: TasteFood's Zucchini and Pecorino Salad with Truffle Oil is a truly special dish. So quick to prepare, with such elegant results. The tender zucchini is a great match with the tart pecorino and luscious truffle oil. This dish tastes like fine restaurant fare.. - mariaraynal - A&M
Serves 4-6 as a side dish or salad
- 4 medium-sized zucchini, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus extra for garnish
- 1/3 cup shaved Pecorino Toscano or Pecorino Sardo cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon white truffle oil
- Trim ends of zucchini. Peel the zucchini with a vegetable peeler lengthwise in long ribbons, rotating to peel evenly, stopping when you see the seeds. Discard core.
- Place zucchini ribbons in a medium-sized bowl. Add olive oil, sea salt and pepper. Toss gently to combine.
- Arrange a mound on individual salad plates. Sprinkle with Pecorino shavings. Drizzle with a teaspoon of truffle oil. Serve with extra pepper. Serve immediately.
- Note: As soon as the zucchini is salted it will begin to sweat, so prepare immediately before serving.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe