If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have yet to meet a single person that can resist these fried gems. Slivered zucchini is dredged in flour and then fried. A generous sprinkling of sea salt as soon as the slivers are out of the hot oil is the perfect final touch. You can serve these as an accompaniment to meat or fish, you can serve it as a garnish, and you can even make it as finger food for a party. It's a great way to use all that zucchini from the garden and it works well with green or yellow zucchini. - CreamPuff
Serves 4 (as an accompaniment to meat or fish)
- 2 zucchini, medium-sized
- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- corn oil or canola oil, for frying
- sea salt, to taste
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and discard. Slice the zucchini into the finest slivers you can by first cutting the zucchini into long, thin slices and then cutting the slices into long, thin slivers. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, pour in enough oil to come about an inch up the side of the pan. Heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- While the oil is heating, place the flour in a large bowl and in several batches, dredge the zucchini slivers in the oil. Once dredged, shake off the excess flour and place the slivers in a plate.
- Once the oil is hot, fry the slivers in batches. Do not overcrowd the pan. The slivers will fry for about 4 to 5 minutes, at which time they should be golden. Using tongs, turn the slivers so that they become golden and crunchy on all sides.
- Once golden, remove the zucchini slivers to a plate lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with sea salt right away.
- Serve the zucchini while hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.