Author Notes: So many ways to make cauliflower soup, why mess with the simple flavors? - mdm
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2-3 dashes salt
- 3-5 tablespoons milk
- Chop the cauliflower, cover with water, add salt, boil until soft.
- Drain the cauliflower, reserving a few tablespoons of the cooking water. Purée with the water. like to leave some chunks.
- Return to stove, add minced parsley and milk to desired consistency. Add salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for a few minutes.
- Let soup return to room temperature or chill. Garnish, if you'd like, with hardboiled egg, chickpeas, shrimp, more herbs . . .
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup