If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an Indian inspired dish. A well made bowl of dal, some naan or chapati and you have a wonderful vegetarian dinner but it would be equally good with Tandoori chicken. Panch Pharon is an Indian seed mix of equal parts cumin, fennel, brown mustard seeds, fenugreek and nigella. I happen to like all of them except for nigella so I eliminated it. I also grind the mixture to a powder. - thirschfeld
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 4 cups zucchini, medium dice
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup toasted almonds, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon panch pharon, or more to taste
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Bring all the ingredients close to the stove. Have them measured and ready to go. In a 12 inch saute pan over high heat bring the peanut oil to the smoking point. Add the zucchini and quickly brown it. Add the panch pharon to and toast it. Add the butter, almonds, and garlic. Toss and stir a couple of times. When you smell the garlic you are done. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Each Peach Pear Plum
Poetry for your market basket.
Poems for your fridge.
Wine to go, without the box.
Go play outside!
Make your houseplants do double duty.