If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have done a squash sautee for my son for years. I was trying to do something special with it for dinner recently and remembered I had some Israeli couscous I needed to use. I played with that and it seems to be a hit. - CaraG
- 2 yellow Squash, cubed
- 2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 cup Porcini Mushrooms, diced
- 1/2 leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 2 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup whole grain or dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Add couscous to 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until lightly toasted. Cover with chicken stock and cook according to package instructions.
- Sautee squash, zucchini, mushrooms, leeks & basil in olive oil until vegetables are softened.
- Add cooked couscous to vegetable mixture and sautee lightly , approximately 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add mustard, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Combine with a whisk and fold in vegetable/couscous mixture. Add Parmesan cheese. Serve at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe