If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by an Australian women's weekly recipe, featuring pears, no chili, no courgettes and lots of cream. Here the dairy is absent and the sweetness is tempered with the chili, balanced with a pinch of salt and is perfectly edible - Kitchen Butterfly
- 300g (about 1 large) courgettes (zucchinis), cut into rounds about 1cm thick
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons green ginger wine
- 2 dried red chilies, crushed or snipped into bits with a scissors.
- Salt, to taste
- Heat butter in a large pan on medium heat and add all the other ingredients, including the courgettes.
- Let underside of courgettes cook for a couple of minutes and when caramelized, flip over and cook the other side. You will notice the syrup reduce so lower the heat a bit.
- Once both sides are caramelized, remove from heat and serve immediately. We had ours with Abra Bennet's Autumn Olive Medley (a winning food 52 recipe).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Summer Squash Recipe
Soffritto: The Superstar
Your new favorite three-ingredient ingredient.
Soffritto's a superstar.
Lettuce love vegetables.
The Daily Grind
Bold and brewtiful coffee.