Author Notes: Two things are abundant during summer; sweet corn and garden fresh basil. Offer this version to your guests and they will never eat corn off the cob again. Summer Bliss! I hope you enjoy it! - Cheryl - cchayes123
- 4 Ears Fresh Roasted Corn on Cob
- 1 Roasted, Peeled & Chopped Red Bell Pepper
- 1 cup Frozen Shelled Organic Edamame (Soy Beans)
- 2 Bunches Green Onions Thinly Sliced
- 1/4 cup Chopped Basil
- 3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/4 Powdered Chipotle Chile Pepper
- Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper
- Preheat your grill.
- Cut off silk from the tops of your corn and steam (in the husk) in the microwave at full power for 8 minutes. Allow corn to cool 5 minutes before removing husk.
- Place bell pepper on the grill until blackened. (About 5 minutes). Remove and allow to cool. Remove the charred skin, seed and dice bell pepper.
- Place corn on grill and rotate until lightly blackened on all sides. Remove and allow to cool. Remove corn with a sharp knife.
- Combine all ingredients and allow flavors to mingle 1 hour in the refrigerator. Can be served cold or, at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil