Author Notes: I altered this classic recipe to get vegan protein for myself and my vegan son. You can add or subtract any ingredients and still have a great salad. - Lisa Sieczka
- 5-6 Large Tomatoes (heirloom, beefsteak, salad, etc), cubed
- 1/4-1/2 Watermelon, cubed
- 2 Cucumbers, cubed
- 6 ounces white beans (northern)
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion (optional)
- 10-20 Basil Leaves, torn or lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, halved or lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegrette
- 3-4 tablespoons Lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad (to taste).
- Refridgerate 1 hour for best results.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil