If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I altered this classic recipe to get vegan protein for myself and my vegan son. You can add or subtract any ingredients and still have a great salad. - Lisa Sieczka
- 5-6 Large Tomatoes (heirloom, beefsteak, salad, etc), cubed
- 1/4-1/2 Watermelon, cubed
- 2 Cucumbers, cubed
- 6 ounces white beans (northern)
- 1/4-1/2 Red Onion (optional)
- 10-20 Basil Leaves, torn or lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Walnuts, halved or lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 cup Balsamic Vinegrette
- 3-4 tablespoons Lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all salad ingredients in large bowl and toss.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad (to taste).
- Refridgerate 1 hour for best results.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Dumplings, No Recipe Required
Dumplings for one, dumplings for all.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Gluten-Free Strawberry Tart
Eclectic Truffle Chocolate Bars
Cuban-inspired recipes to cook now.