If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a recipe I put out on a big tray when people are coming over and serve with a big cutting board of warm bread. Great when everyone gathers around in the kitchen! - PegLawrence
Serves a crowd
- 8 ounces Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
- 8 Lg. Tomatoes (beefsteak or Roma)
- 3-4 Avocados
- 4 ounces Bleu cheese crumbles
- 2 pkgs. of fresh basil (or appx.20 leaves)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Balsamic vinegar
- Ground pepper to taste
- You will need a LARGE tray for this! Cut mozzarella cheese and tomatoes into 1/4" slices. Layer tomatoes on the tray with slice of mozzarella on top and top each one with a basil leaf. Crumble bleu cheese and layer over tomatoes and cheese. Slice avocado into small crescent moon shapes and layer it on the mixture. In a a small bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic and drizzle over tomato mixture. Sprinkle ground pepper. Serve immediately.
- Note: If you want to chill for guest arrival, do not slice or put avocado on until last and drizzle the balsalmic mixture on right before serving. The best way to store a large tray to chill is to dampen paper towels and lay over the mixture. This will keep it cooler and keep it from drying out. I love this with a big loaf of bread but that is not necessary! Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
That was a close shave.