Author Notes: It is all fresh. - Walter_
- 2 Ripe tomatoes
- 1 pound Fresh Mozzarella
- 3-4 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 bunch Fresh Basil
- Slice Tomatoes about 1/2 inch thick
- Slice mozzarella about 1/2 inch thick
- Arrange tomatoes and mozzarella slices and basil leaves on a serving plate in a circular manner. Alternate one slice of mozzarella, one slice of mozzarella and one basil leaf..
- Drizzle olive oil over tomatoes, mozzarella and basil.
- Sprinkle sea salt to taste.
- Garnish center with basil leaves.
- Note: Tomatoes must be fresh and either homegrown, vine ripe, heirloom or if you can all three. The tomatoes and mozzarell should be at room temperature and not taken directly from fridge. Use the best olive oil you can find.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil