If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The basil, honey, and lemon flavors blend well with the tang of fresh goat cheese. It makes a great salad dressing as well as a dip for fresh, crisp veggies. —AppleAnnie
- 4 ounces fresh, plain goat cheese at room temperature
- grated zest from ½ lemon (regular or Meyer)
- juice from ½ lemon (regular or Meyer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tightly packed fresh basil leaves rolled and thinly sliced
- Blend all the ingredients except the basil until smooth and creamy. (A mini-prep works fine for this amount.)
- Add the fresh basil and blend again until basil shreds are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for several hours for the flavors to develop.
- Serve as a dip for crudités, a spread for crackers, as a salad dressing, or as a topping for cooked vegetables
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Quick! Make these summery recipes while there's still time
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Let's iron things out.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
The best shots from the Food52 Baking Cookbook.
Storage made crystal clear.