Author Notes: The basil, honey, and lemon flavors blend well with the tang of fresh goat cheese. It makes a great salad dressing as well as a dip for fresh, crisp veggies. - AppleAnnie
- 4 ounces fresh, plain goat cheese at room temperature
- grated zest from ½ lemon (regular or Meyer)
- juice from ½ lemon (regular or Meyer)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon agave nectar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon tightly packed fresh basil leaves rolled and thinly sliced
- Blend all the ingredients except the basil until smooth and creamy. (A mini-prep works fine for this amount.)
- Add the fresh basil and blend again until basil shreds are evenly distributed.
- Refrigerate for several hours for the flavors to develop.
- Serve as a dip for crudités, a spread for crackers, as a salad dressing, or as a topping for cooked vegetables
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil