If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: TIPS: 1. Soaking cut eggplant in salt water can prevent oxidation and discoloration.
2. Fried eggplant to keep the skin fresh purple.
3. Select eggplant that's slender, soft and with a pointy tip. - idalingi
- 3 eggplant (the long, skinny type)
- 1 1/2 cups basil leaves
- 2 green onions or scallions, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash and cut eggplants into 1/3 " thick slices, immerse cut eggplants into salted water for 5 minutes, remove and drain; Mince garlic and green onions; Wash and dry the basil leaves.
- Heat oil in pan, fry eggplant until it is a bit soft, drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the minced garlic, spring onions, all the seasonings, a tablespoon of water, and stir in with the eggplant.
- Add basil leaves, stir and immediately turn off the stove.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil