Author Notes: TIPS: 1. Soaking cut eggplant in salt water can prevent oxidation and discoloration.
2. Fried eggplant to keep the skin fresh purple.
3. Select eggplant that's slender, soft and with a pointy tip. - idalingi
- 3 eggplant (the long, skinny type)
- 1 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 2 green onions or scallions, minced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- Wash and cut eggplants into 1/3 " thick slices, immerse cut eggplants into salted water for 5 minutes, remove and drain; Mince garlic and green onions; Wash and dry the basil leaves.
- Heat oil in pan, fry eggplant until it is a bit soft, drain and set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the minced garlic, spring onions, all the seasonings, a tablespoon of water, and stir in with the eggplant.
- Add basil leaves, stir and immediately turn off the stove.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil