If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Basil is usually paired with mozzarella cheese but this chunky pasta salad marries basil with blue cheese. The chicken meat absorbs the sweet juice from fresh pears. A simple vinaigrette of Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, and honey brings together the entire ensemble with a medley of complimentary flavors.
- Garden Gate Kate
- 1 pound whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound pears, quartered and cored
- 1/4 pound crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn in half
- Cook pasta according to package directions. When fusilli is done, drain in a colander and chill under cold running water. Drain again.
- In a large bowl, stir together Dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, sea salt, and pepper. Add chicken, pears, blue cheese, basil leaves, and fusilli. Toss and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Jam is a Liquid
And other things to keep in mind when traveling with food.
Do not pack these foods in your carry-on.
Shop our Father's Day collection.
Let's get chopping.
Macerated strawberries, with a twist.
This is poppin'.