If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is no boring chicken salad. The smoky saltiness of the bacon plays off the sweetness of the basil and tomatoes beautifully. Fruity sherry vinegar and Dijon mustard add zing and spice. I like to use ripe grape tomatoes because they are already bite-size and burst with bright flavor when bitten into. - Kiss the Cook
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1 cup canola mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 6 slices uncured center cut smokehouse bacon
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Place bacon on papertowels to cool. Crumble into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, basil, Dijon mustard, sherry vinegar, sea salt, and pepper. Mix well until creamy. Add chicken, tomatoes, and bacon and toss gently. Serve the salad by itself, on a bed of leafy greens, or roll it up in wraps.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil