If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This strawberry basil salad is incredibly easy to make. A fruit salad with a vinaigrette is surprisingly delicious. Strawberry jam and white balsamic vinegar make a slightly sweet and tangy flavor combination without overwhelming the sweet basil's aroma and taste. Although regular balsamic vinegar works well, I often use white balsamic vinegar to maintain the bright redness of the berries and fresh green color of the basil. - kitchen witch
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Place jam in a bowl and whisk in vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil. Season the dressing with sea salt and black pepper. Add the strawberries and basil to bowl and toss to coat evenly in strawberry vinaigrette dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Cauliflower Gratin With Mornay Sauce