If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Avocado Ice Cream
- 2 avocados, meat scooped out
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Puree avocados, lime juice, whole milk and sugar in a blender until very smooth in texture.
- Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and whisk in heavy cream until combined.
- Chill the mixture for a few hours in the refrigerator and then follow the instructions for your ice cream maker.
Strawberry Basil Tart
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons tequila blanco
- 2 pounds strawberries, de-stemmed and cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Mix together flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl until combined well. Using your hands, add butter and crumble into the flour (a food processor can also be used) until the crust mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Add the egg yolk and the tequila, and mix together gently until dough is moist.
- Form dough into a flat disc, wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile mix together strawberries, sugar, Cointreau, orange zest and juice and the basil leaves. Let soak for at least an hour.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until it forms a large circle about 16 inches in diameter. ice cream will make it for you. Place rolled dough on a large, thick, greased cookie sheet with sides or, better yet, a large, greased cast iron pan.
- Place berries in a big pile in the center of the dough, reserving liquid.
- Fold dough up all around the pile of berries leaving a big hole at the top like a shallow volcano. Pour a little of the liquid in the top and reserve a little for the end.
- Bake in a preheated oven 375° for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crispy. Drizzle finished tart with the remainder of the juice from the berries.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Fresh Basil
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.