If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I picked up a pound of beautiful figs at the farmers market on Sunday and have been dreaming of all the lovelies I could make with them. My boyfriend and I had a hankering for cookies, so I two kinds. "His" cookies involved butter, "Hers" did not. These are simple, satisfying, and celebrate the season for figs! - Happyolks
Makes 1 dozen
- 2/3 cup Real Maple Syrup or Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Kamut Flour (or any other gluten free flour of choice)
- 1 cup Rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 splash Almond Milk
- 6 Raw figs, halved
- Mix olive oil, syrup, and vanilla together in a large bowl
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, oats, spices, seeds, and salt.
- Slowly combine dry ingredients to wet ingredients, the mixture will be on the drier side. Add just a little almond milk.
- Let mixture set for 10-15 min while you preheat the oven to 350 and cut the fresh figs in half.
- Roll out dough into 12 medium sized balls and press gently to flatten a bit. Set figs atop the cookie platform, sprinkle with a little cinnamon-sugar and bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Enjoy and be grateful for this beautiful life!
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.