Author Notes: Tasty and fun for a crowd! - Sharon Pellino - Sharon Pellino
Food52 Review: A grilled Swordfish steak -- caramelized, slightly charred on the outside, soft and moist on the inside -- provides the perfect canvas for Sharon Pellino’s ginger butter. A taste of the sauce alone is good; the subtle sweet heat of the chipotle connects the dots between the contrast of creamy butter and the acid of the lemon and wine. Paired with the fish, it becomes magnificent; muted in the sauce alone, the fresh ginger bursts forth as the additional layer of flavor that makes this dish great. Seasoned with fresh cilantro and parsley, this is a summertime steak worth trying. - gingerroot - A&M
- 2 tablespoons Shallots
- 1/4 cup Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Ginger root,finely chopped
- 1/2 pound Unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon Chipolte pepper in adobe sauce
- 2 Sword fish steaks, 1 inch thick, about 2 1/2 pounds
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Chopped seasonal herbs
- Combine in small saucepan the shallots, lemon juice,white wine and Ginger root. Cook until liquid reduced to 1/4 cup. Lower heat, add butter slowly while constantly stirring. Add salt, pepper and chopped chipoltes.
- Brush swordfish with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill 7 minutes on first side. Turn. Grill an additional 3 minutes
- Serve fish with sauce. Garnish with herbs. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Swordfish Recipe