If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe was inspired by the artichoke dip that I often make for family get-togethers. It's a favourite and I thought it would be nice to recreate those flavours in a burger. Everyone loved them! I hope you will too...enjoy! —thebackyardchef
for the burgers
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 pound good quality lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 4 artichoke hearts (use the canned variety), finely chopped
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ciabatta buns
for the lime mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- wash the red pepper, cut it into quarters, clean out seeds and set aside
- place the ground beef in a large mixing bowl, add the bacon bits and chopped artichoke hearts;set aside
- in a small bowl mix together the garlic, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest, paprika, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, and blend together well
- add the cheese mixture to the ground beef mixture and mix together well with your hands; divide into 4 equal parts and shape into hamburger patties; set aside
- in a small bowl make the lime mayonnaise by combining the 4 tbsp mayonnaise, lime zest, lime juice and black pepper; refrigerate until needed
- heat grill to medium-high heat and cook hamburger patties and red pepper quarters for 5 minutes on each side; transfer to a plate
- cut roasted red pepper quarters into thin slices
- cut buns in half and top with hamburgers, a good dollop of lime mayonnaise and red pepper slices; serve and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.