If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an adaptation of the classic Swedish meatball recipe that has been a family favorite for over 30 years.The recipe is very flexible, be creaive! - Maryquitecontrary
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground is best
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup carmelized onions
- 1/2 cup carmelized red peppers
- Mix beef, pork, egg, 1/2 chopped mushrooms, capers, allspice, nutmeg and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
- Shape into burger patties.
- Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet.
- Brown burgers at medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, till crispy and dark on the outside.
- Remove burgers to a platter, set aside and keep warm; reserve the oil and drippings in the skillet; prepare the sauce.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- On medium-high heat, saute the mushrooms and the shallot in skillet with the oil left from cooking the burgers, until mushrooms are soft and the shallot is transparent, approximately 8 minutes. Do not brown.
- Turn the heat to high, add the wine, and stir until the wine has burned off.
- Add the beef broth, sour cream, nutmeg and salt and pepper and simmer on low heat until the sauce is reduced by a least half. The consistency should be similar to ketchup or mustard.
- Assemble the burgers on the buns, topping with sauce and carmelized onions and peppers. Share and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Why the Simplest Recipes Are Still Worthwhile
Cheer up with chickpeas.
Goya's Balsamic Chickpea Salad
The sun is out: Are you?
It's Snack Time
Gifts for Mother's Day
Good day, sunshine.