If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The basic fried onion mixture can be enhanced with fresh seasonal herbs and a twist of lime. You may also add a bit of uncooked oatmeal to the burger. - sparkelina
- 1 pound organic ground beef
- 1 onion (vidalia or purple onions if available)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeño (optional)
- olive oil
- sherry or red wine
- worcestershire sauce
- all-season salt
- celery salt
- freshly ground pepper
- Chop the onion, garlic and pepper.
- Saute the onion in olive oil. When the onions begin to become translucent add the garlic and jalapeños. When these ingredients start to caramelize finish with sherry. Put aside and let cool
- Fold the onion mixture into the ground beef.
- Add Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide into four parts and form patties.
- Brush patties with olive oil. Dust each side with all-season salt, celery salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill or saute. Serve on a bun with romaine, arugula and fresh tomato.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Beef Burgers
Prep Makes Perfect
Put your best pan forth.
Prep your pans for perfection.
Make better coffee.
Breakfast: a worldly affair.
An Instameet by the Bay (Area).
Stop the soap opera.