If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Original recipe came from a friend's mother, but I have modified it to include a more tropical and nutritionally balanced flair. - SandyBrennan
Serves two-four people
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 4 pickling cucumbers
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 2 hearts of palm
- 1 small green/red/yellow pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and papper to taste
- 1 healthy crusty bread of choice
- Cut tomatoes into small, bite size cubes or pieces.
- Peel cumbers and cut into small bite size cubes.
- Mince garlic and add to tomatoes and cucumbers. Mix and let sit.
- Cut pepper into tiny pieces and add to mixture.
- Slice hearts of palm and carefully blend with other ingredients.
- Add chickpeas and stir.
- Chop basil and add to vegetables along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add a small splash of olive oil and mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavor and serve with a healthy crusty bread for dunking into the juices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Too Many Cooks: Who Has Changed the Way You Cook?
Let's talk game changers and influencers.
Shop Spring Cleaning
Simple, Springy Leek Soup
The Best Cinnamon Rolls
10 Cozy Finger Foods