Author Notes: Original recipe came from a friend's mother, but I have modified it to include a more tropical and nutritionally balanced flair. - SandyBrennan
Serves two-four people
- 2 large heirloom tomatoes
- 4 pickling cucumbers
- 1/2 cup canned chickpeas
- 2 hearts of palm
- 1 small green/red/yellow pepper
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 splash olive oil
- 1 pinch salt and papper to taste
- 1 healthy crusty bread of choice
- Cut tomatoes into small, bite size cubes or pieces.
- Peel cumbers and cut into small bite size cubes.
- Mince garlic and add to tomatoes and cucumbers. Mix and let sit.
- Cut pepper into tiny pieces and add to mixture.
- Slice hearts of palm and carefully blend with other ingredients.
- Add chickpeas and stir.
- Chop basil and add to vegetables along with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally add a small splash of olive oil and mix until all ingredients are blended.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavor and serve with a healthy crusty bread for dunking into the juices.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes