If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: First made this while on vacation on the Jersey Shore. There is really nothing better than fresh Jersey corn (try it uncooked for a sweet and surprising crunch) and ripe heirloom tomatoes. Toss in fresh cooked crab or shrimp and serve with crusty bread to make it a complete meal! —AnnaFromBoston
- 2-3 cobs of fresh corn
- 4-6 ripe heirloom tomatoes, different colors if available
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- fresh cracked pepper
- cooked shrimp or crab (optional)
- Remove corn (cooked or raw, depending on your preference) from cob using a sharp knife. Place in large, shallow bowl.
- Quarter tomatoes and add to corn.
- Tear basil leaves and sprinkle over corn & tomatoes.
- Drizzle with oil & vinegar to taste.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If using, add shredded crab meat or diced shrimp.
- Gently combine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Toppings That Are out of the Park
How to make one haute dog
Out of the park toppings.
Life's a beach.
It's time to travel.
Food blog links we love.
Put cake on a pedestal.