Author Notes: This one is so simple, so in season, there’s no reason not to try it! I’ll make it for a snack or a simple dish to take with me to BBQs. One taste of this mix and everyone will be asking for the recipe! It’s great with a fresh whole wheat bread, freshly baked with a hard crust and soft center….. it's what I like to call Happy Belly Food! - Maya E Nahra
- 2 colorful heirloom tomatoes
- 2 fresh juicy, in season peaches
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the tomatoes, peaches, and 1/2 the basil bunch and throw into a nice glass bowl.
- Finely chop the red onion and add that too.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt & pepper.
- Give it a toss and let the tomato juice really fuse with the olive oil for 10 minutes or so.
- Serve at room temperature with outside with good company, good wine, and freshly baked bread!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes