If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Years ago when I was living at home, my grandma came to visit and made us tomatoes stuffed with a delicious mixture including bacon, green onions, and cheddar. The original recipe was supposed to be baked, but it was so hot out that we just stuffed them and ate them fresh... and they were so good we made them again the next night. I've been trying to find the recipe for awhile now, and finally decided to just make my own, using the flavors I remember from that fun summer with grandma! —Loves Food Loves to Eat
- heirloom tomatoes (2 large to 4 medium/small)
- 1 cup trim cottage cheese
- 2 green onions- thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon worchestershire
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 3 slices bacon- cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill- chopped
- Cut tops off of tomatoes, and scoop out the insides. Dice the insides and toss into a bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl w/diced tomatoes, stir until combined, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff tomatoes with filling. Enjoy fresh on a hot summer night!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Dish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
By the Book
How to cook like the leading ladies of literature
Eat like your favorite literary heroines,
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
Know (and shop) the basics.
A different kind of tomato dish.
The chicest apron around.