If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a twist to the traditional Spanish tapa Pan con Tomate (Tomato Bread) which is one of the simplest and most famous dishes from Cataluña. The original recipe is simply bread rubbed with fresh garlic and ripe tomato, then drizzled with olive oil and a bit of salt. It can be eaten by itself, but is often topped with cured ham (Jamon Serrano). The bread bites soaked with the sweet juice of the Heirloom tomatoes complemented by the cured ham saltiness makes a perfect dish to be paired with grilled meat, roasted chicken or simply a glass of wine. —Dominique Fry
- 1/2 fresh baguette or rustic bread (no sourdough)
- 4 medium size Heirloom tomatoes
- 1 large clove of garlic cut in half
- 1/4 pound of Jamon Serrano (Spanish cured ham) or domestic prosciutto sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh crushed black pepper to taste
- Cut the 1/2 baguette/loaf diagonally and toasted lightly. Remove from oven and rub the garlic in both halves. Cut the bread and tomatoes in 1 inch cubes and placed in a salad bowl. Dress it with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Add the cured ham (ham can be substitute for shaved cheese or anchovies).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
We're obsessed with savory yogurt
Savory yogurt is whey cool.
DIY Nutter Butters.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
Just shrub it off.