Author Notes: This is very easy to vary according to your bloody mary tastes. The recipe makes about 2 cups, but is easily doubled, tripled, or quadrupled. - scott39
Serves about 2 cups
- 1 pound Heirloom Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 hot pepper of choice - jalapeno, scotch bonnet, serrano; seeded (if desired) and quartered
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 1 teaspoon fresh horseradish, grated (or 2 tsp. if using prepared)
- Small handful of parsley
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- salt and pepper
- fresh lime juice
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Toss tomatoes, pepper(s), onion and garlic in a little olive oil and salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Roast vegetables for 20-30 minutes, until lightly caramelized. Alternatively, if you're already grilling, but the vegetables on a doubled piece of aluminum foil and grill until lightly caramelized.
- Squeeze garlic out of the skin and put in a blender with the tomatoes, pepper(s), and onions. Add horseradish and parsley and blend until smooth. If it's too thick, add a little water until the desired consistency. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- To serve: In a pint glass filled with ice, add a shot of vodka, a squeeze of lime juice, and a few drops of worcestershire. Fill to the top with tomato mix and shake. Garnish with pickled beans, celery, half a cherry tomato, or anything that seems right.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes