If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I modified an online recipe, PJ's Fresh Corn Salad by changing the type of tomato to Heirloom, increasing the amount of tomato and dressing it with home made ingredients.to lower the fat content and make sure the seasonings were organic. —CookWithLove
- 2 Heirloom Tomatoes
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1/8 cup Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Organic White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Organic Italian Seasoning
- 8 pieces Corn
- Chop Heirloom Tomatoes and Zucchini into 1-2" cubes
- Peel and Chop Cucumber into 1-2" cubes
- Peel and dice Red Onion
- Seed and dice Bell Pepper
- Husk, wash and cut kernels from corn (corn can be completely raw or you can blanch for 30-60 seconds by placing in boiling water one ear at a time prior to removing kernels)
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, stir to mix in oil
- Crush herbs in hand or use mortar and pestle to release flavors and oils
- Add crushed herbs and garlic powder to wine vinegar and mix
- Drizzle vinegar into bowl of other ingredients and mix
- Cover and place into refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour, 8 hours or overnight is better
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
A can-do tool.