If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a really hand on meal your family going to enjoy. It takes some time to prepare the dumpling dough and wrapper. But it is worth it. The home made dumpling wrapper adds texture into your bit. What's special about this wrapper is that the tomato juice is used in the dumpling dough to make the wrapper healthier and tasty. - azelea
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 cups flour
- peel, chop tomato and take the juice, put the tomatoes aside
- mix the tomato juice in the flour. pay attention to juice to flour ratio. The dough shouldn't be sticky. knead the dough until it is smooth. cover it and let it sit for about 1/2 hour.
- roll out each wrapper in 1in radiance.
make the filing
- 1/2 pound itanlian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground pork chop
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 egg
- mix sausage and ground pork. using a chopstick to stir for 2 minutes.
- add egg in the mixture and stir well.
- add the tomatoes to the mixture, and mix well. The filling is done
- fill enough filling into wrapper and close it.
- cook the dumpling in boiling water (as you would cook for pasta) and enjoy
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes
Tags: serves a crowd
12 Make-Ahead Egg Dishes for Easter Brunch
Hop to it!
Winner of Your Best Recipe with Honey
A sweet Q&A with Alexandra Higgins.
Style with a breeze.
Watch Amanda and Merrill Make Macaroni and Cheese Without a Recipe
Gouda riddance to powdered cheese.
Wooden Bird's House
For your feathered friends.