Author Notes: Everything I create begins at our local farmers market and Whole Foods on Saturday morning. Fresh corn, heirloom tomatoes and my home grown basil made a perfect match for this summertime recipe. - Sweet&Savory
- 2 large fresh corn cob, cobbed
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups variety of heirloom tomatoes, quartered
- 10 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon basil olive oil
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a heavy sauce pan cook the corn and heavy cream over medium heat until thick and creamy. Add the butter then sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Put quartered tomatoes in a medium bowl, sprinkle with sea salt and let rest.
- Fry basil leaves in oil on medium heat until crisp.
- Divide tomatoes among four plates, top with creamed corn. Garnish with fried basil and basil olive oil and finish with some sea salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes