Author Notes: This is a basic recipe my mom always makes and it is delicious; but, I have taken it to another level of greatness! - specialdeb01
- 4 English cucumbers
- 2 brown onions
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup of white vinegar
- 2 cups of Italian dressing
- A dash or 2 of salt
- several dashes of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of light agave nectar
- Halve the cucumbers then thinly slice, Cut the onions into quarters and then slice. Chiffonade the basil and dice the tomato.
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Stir, cover and chill for several hours or overnight.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Using Heirloom Tomatoes