If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I developed this recipe about a month ago for my new line of products that I sell at our Farmer's Market. I wanted something sweet and a bit spicy to use as a dip, glaze or addition to a sauce. It has been a hit at the market and I hope that you will love it to! —Sunchowder
Serves 4 16 oz jars, 1 8 oz jar
- 5.5 pounds Fresh Plums, after skinning and PItting
- 1.5 pounds Chopped Onion
- 1 tablespoon Gaujillo (1 med ground fresh)
- 1/4 cup Mirin
- 1 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3/4 ounce Grated Fresh Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Scant of Kosher Salt
- 1 tablespoon Teriaki Suace
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Minced Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Allspice
- 1 teaspoon Coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Plulse chopped, skinned plums and onions in a food processor until finely chopped.
- Take your medium guajillo pepper and grind in a vita-mix or similar spice grinder.
- In a large dutch oven, place plums, onions, and all other ingredients and stir to combine. Bring this up to a boil and then turn the heat back down to a simmer. You can simmer this for about 45 minutes until the consistency of applesauce.
- If you want to can the recipe to make it shelf stable, Sterilize 4 16 oz jars and 1 8 oz jar (boil for 12 minutes in canner). Fill the jars according to canning directions and cap the boil the jars in your water bath canner for at least 15 minutes depending on your elevation. If you don't want to can this, you can simply store in the fridge and it should keep for about two weeks (you can give several jars away as gifts!). Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Plums
Welcome to Funky Town
How to make kimchi—without a recipe
Make kimchi—without a recipe.
Did you say vacation or cocktail?
It's time to travel.
Eat cookies for breakfast.
Put cake on a pedestal.