If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a twist on the English Pub's "Scotch- Eggs" (though not Scotch at all ) typically served with a "Pinter " ( large glass of cold ale ). This appetizer can be served hot or cold ( though hot is best) ! My twist = ground meat is either turkey or chicken ( organic when possible ) and finely ground panko crumbs. —micki barzilay
- 4 Hardboiled Eggs
- 3/4 pound ground meat ( turkey or chicken)
- 2 tablespoons herbs of your choice ( oregano, thyme, rosemary, parsely etc)
- 1 cup finely ground panko bread crumbs
- 1 egg- raw and beaten
- 4 cups cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- Hard Boil , Peel and completely cool 4 eggs. Mix ground meat with salt , herbs ,white pepper (if desired) and form into patties. Place hard boiled egg in center of patty and pinch together around egg forming a ball . Dip in flour then into beaten egg mixture, and lastly into panko crumbs.
- Heat oil to almost sizzling , drop prepared balls into oil and once golden yellow and meat is throughly cooked., remove, strain, drain, and serve pipping warm. To be sure meat is completely cooked or if time is a factor you may use already cooked meatballs & follow steps as aforementioned.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.