If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Meatballs are more than just a garnish for a huge plate of spaghetti. They make an awesome sandwich, a great topping for pizza, a decadent soup, and AMAZING appetizers like the recipe I'll share with you today.
Fall is in the air and with the crisp breeze and colorful leaves comes the start of FOOTBALL, FOOTBALL season! What a great appetizer for any game! I mean, footBALL, meatBALL, they were just created to form a beautiful partnership! They're hearty enough to feed the menfolk and a basic recipe provides enough to feed the masses.
I decided to take a bit of a "Clean-out the fridge" approach, as you can do with meatballs. They allow themselves to successfully take on most any ingredient you can thow in the bowl! After taking inventory, and locating a brilliant bit of Shropshire Bleu cheese hiding in my cheese drawer, I decided on Buffalo Bleu Balls...a little spicy, a little saucy and a little sassy. —ChefBirdsong
Buffalo Blue Balls
- 3.5 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 packet Onion Soup Mix
- 1 cup Rye Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Crumbled Bleu Cheese
- 1/4 cup Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped red apple
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worchestershire
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 dashes Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Red Mud Sauce
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 /2 teaspoons crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Mix ground beef with remainder of ingredients for the meatballs. Blend well, but do not overwork the mixture of meatballs will be tough.
- Use a cookie scoop to place meatballs on greased cookie sheet.
- Bake meatballs at 350 for about 15-20 minutes or until the cetner is no longer pink.
- Mix all ingredients for the Red Mud Sauce in a small pan and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce has thickened.
- Let sauce cool and serve with the Bleu Balls.
Tags: freezes well
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs
Food Blog Links We Love
Perfect picnic fare
Food blog links we love.
Independence Day, the no-recipe way.
Free shipping! Use code FIREWORKS.
Just for the halibut.
Savor the season.