If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We like to entertain and we like to cook. We don't necessarily like to cook while entertaining. This recipe is something that you can make up ahead of time and keep warm and it's delicious! - tortuga
Serves 6-10 depending on how hungry your guests are
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans crushed tomato, or about 4 cups fresh tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic, onion and green bell pepper and cook until vegetables start to soften, maybe 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce the heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly.
- With an immersion blender or food processor, puree the sauce until smooth.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 links Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 ounces pepperoni, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix gently.
- Shape into one inch meatballs and fry them up in a large skillet over medium high heat until browned.
- At this point, you can refrigerate or freeze the meatballs until the party. Otherwise, plop them in the sauce and keep them warm in a chafing dish or crock pot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Meatballs