If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to make a corn pudding for supper one night, but also had some yellow squash that needed to be used. This recipe was the result and is a wonderful summer side dish! - katiebakes
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels, preferably fresh, divided
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 cups diced yellow squash
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small pinches cayenne pepper
- small pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 cup corn kernels, buttermilk, and milk. Process until coarse puree. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup corn kernels, yellow squash, and remaining nine ingredients to buttermilk-corn mixture, stirring well with a whisk.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until set and lightly golden. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe