Author Notes: I wanted to make a corn pudding for supper one night, but also had some yellow squash that needed to be used. This recipe was the result and is a wonderful summer side dish! - katiebakes
- 1 1/2 cup corn kernels, preferably fresh, divided
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cups milk
- 3/4 cups diced yellow squash
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- small pinches cayenne pepper
- small pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine 1 cup corn kernels, buttermilk, and milk. Process until coarse puree. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add remaining 1/2 cup corn kernels, yellow squash, and remaining nine ingredients to buttermilk-corn mixture, stirring well with a whisk.
- Pour into prepared dish and bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes, or until set and lightly golden. Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Corn Recipe