Author Notes: Made after a trip to our local farmers market - fresh & fab salad. You can add chicken or shrimp to make this a main dish! - wnavery - wnavery
Food52 Review: So many wonderful flavors! The spicy jalapeno is balanced out well with the sweet corn and the honey. The vinaigrette and the cilantro make this a great cold salad, perfect for summer. I opted not to blanch the corn and it added an additional crispness. We really enjoyed this dish and will make it a regular part of our summer menus. – nannydeb - A&M
Serves 6-8 servings
- 2 cups butter beans, cooked (or drained if canned)
- 3 cups fresh corn, taken off the cob & blanched
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half & seeded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded & diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- dash hot sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapenos & green onions in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together cider vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, hot sauce & cilantro.
- Pour dressing over salad & toss until coated.
- Add salt & pepper to taste then serve.