If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made after a trip to our local farmers market - fresh & fab salad. You can add chicken or shrimp to make this a main dish! - wnavery —wnavery
Food52 Review: So many wonderful flavors! The spicy jalapeno is balanced out well with the sweet corn and the honey. The vinaigrette and the cilantro make this a great cold salad, perfect for summer. I opted not to blanch the corn and it added an additional crispness. We really enjoyed this dish and will make it a regular part of our summer menus. – nannydeb —The Editors
Serves 6-8 servings
- 2 cups butter beans, cooked (or drained if canned)
- 3 cups fresh corn, taken off the cob & blanched
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half & seeded
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded & diced
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- dash hot sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- Combine beans, corn, tomatoes, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapenos & green onions in a salad bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together cider vinegar, mustard, honey, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, hot sauce & cilantro.
- Pour dressing over salad & toss until coated.
- Add salt & pepper to taste then serve.
Orange You Glad?
A better, more carrot-y carrot cake
A more carrot-y carrot cake.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Meet beaver tails.
Get your shine on.