Author Notes: I had been curious about baking with different kinds of flour as well as finding a good recipe that made use of the massive amounts of zucchini available at my local farmer's market -- while the recipe is gluten-free, you should know that the muffins will not taste like they are healthy! - timmytwinkle
Serves 12-18 muffins
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 cups grated zucchini (do not pack when measuring)
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a medium bowl, combine these dry ingredients: coconut flour, tapioca flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, agave nectar, coconut oil, and zucchini. Make sure to break apart the coconut oil as much as possible.
- Gradually add in the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Mix thoroughly
- Using a stick-free muffin pan, spoon batter into pan where muffins are about two-thirds of the way full.
- Bake in the center of the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Make sure to cover the muffins with foil midway through so they do not over-brown.
- Cool and serve.