If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: With a few cooler days after a sultry summer and football right around the corner, I am in the mood to start making soups again! This recipe also does quite well simmering in a crockpot all day. I've won several soup cookoffs with this! —CRussell
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 2/3 cup onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 cooked diced chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated up
- Chop or dice celery, carrots and onions and saute in butter in a large soup pot. When tender, add flour and curry powder and cook for 5 minutes. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken, salt and peppers. Simmer 10 minutes. Add apples and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- When rice is tender, slowly add cream to soup, stir, and serve.
Give Peas a Chance
Pea guacamole and other offensive foods
Warning: You might be offended.
Burnt Toast: Episode 9
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.