Author Notes: With a few cooler days after a sultry summer and football right around the corner, I am in the mood to start making soups again! This recipe also does quite well simmering in a crockpot all day. I've won several soup cookoffs with this! - cauner
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 carrots
- 2/3 cups onions
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup basmati rice
- 2 cooked diced chicken breast halves
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, heated up
- Chop or dice celery, carrots and onions and saute in butter in a large soup pot. When tender, add flour and curry powder and cook for 5 minutes. Slowly stir in the chicken broth and bring to a boil. Turn down heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken, salt and peppers. Simmer 10 minutes. Add apples and simmer an additional 10 minutes.
- When rice is tender, slowly add cream to soup, stir, and serve.