If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 4 cups
- 4 large Heirloom Tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 head garlic
- 2 sweet onions ( maui onions best)
- 1 thumb fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, honey, or agave
- 2 tablespoons EVVO ( extra virgin olive oil)
- Place tomatoes in frying pan w/ small amount of water . Bring to a light boil. Tomato skin will blister. Remove from heat and peel skin off. Place skinned tomatoes whole into a medium saucepan and add together the list of ingredients being sure to finely cut the garlic, onions, and ginger first. Let the ingredients cook down till reaching a chutney consistancy. Remove from stove. May be served warm w/poultry, seafood etc or may be cooled, jarred, refrigerated and used as a condiment like ketchup.
Tags: sweet and savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
Egyptian Street Food at Home
Spend quality time with The Cairo Kitchen.
The Cairo Kitchen
Boost your Bagel
Fire up the grill.
Dipped Walnut Tongs
Portable picnic snacks.