If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This super simple recipe will disappear! Eat them as you might eat ginger in between bites of sushi... just a little crunchy flavor zing between bites of a savory BBQ sandwich or to get your salivary glands going! - LASGarcia - LASGarcia
Food52 Review: The amount of spice was just right -- definitely present but not overwhelming. I liked the salty kick and the punch of the lime juice, of which there was plenty. The pickles are most refreshing and crunchy when well-chilled. After I made the recipe according to the directions, I added in a sprinkle of key lime zest I had reserved. It's a nice way to get a little more lime quality without adding more acidity. I agree with LASGarcia's suggestion that the pickles would be great with a barbecue sandwich, and I can see them as a great addition to any picnic spread, especially where pork and chicken come in to play, or as an addition to a cabbage slaw. But what these pickles really cry out for is fish tacos. Fish tacos! What I wouldn't do for one right now!— vvvanessa - The Editors
- 1 bunch Organic radishes
- 5-6 Key Limes
- 1 Jalapeño pepper
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Trim greens from radishes, wash them and very thinly slice them. You can use a mandoline to make this easier.
- Squeeze lime juice over sliced radishes.
- Very thinly slice jalapeno, add in as much as you like for heat- I usually only add in 6 or 7 thin rings.
- Sprinkle sea salt over everything, stir and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Taste and adjust salt if you like. Squeeze over some more lime juice before placing out to serve. The radishes "bleed" and turn a very pretty pink color, so serve in a blue or bright green bowl.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Radish Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
Recipe of the Day
Strawberry sorbet that's a sure bet.
Recipe of the Day
Orecchiette with a bite.
Treats for your beach bag.
Get to know Phyllis Grant.
You won't be board with this game.