If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: At the beginning of the year, I decided to learn more about what I was eating and feeding my 7-year old son. I find myself reading a lot of labels now. Mostly to figure out what ingredients are in the dressings and sauces I enjoy. I'd rather make them at home without the preservatives and high fructose corn syrup I am finding on many labels. I like the choice of sweetening with fruit juice or agave and I'd rather my ingredients grow out of the ground, than in a laboratory.
I use this sauce for everything from fresh spring rolls to roasted chicken.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
So easy and no corn starch, xantham gum made of corn syrup, or processed sugar. And you can adjust spice level by removing pepper seeds, sweetness and sour. - edamame2003
Makes 1 1/2 cups
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 red jalapeno peppers (take out seeds, depending on how spicy you want the sauce)
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour mixed with 2 T water
- Throw all the ingredients but the last (tapioca flour + water) in a blender. I use my trusty Magic Bullet.
- Heat in a sauce pan over medium heat until boiling and simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk in the flour/water mixture to thicken over heat for another 3-5 minutes.
- Let cool and pour in a jar and store in the fridge.
Tags: sweet and savory
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
A Better Way to Prepare Asparagus
Plus a genius dressing.
A better way to prepare asparagus.
Your Memorial Day menu made easy.
Freshen up for spring.
Meat-free Memorial Day recipes.
Drink better coffee.