If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my Mother's recipe for Mango Salsa. We can count on a jar of it every summer. We eat it with grilled meat of any kind, spread in a sandwich or even as a dip for good bread. You really only need a vehicle to get it to your mouth. A spoon would work just fine. It is the perfect blend of hot, sweet, smokey and savory. She would have submitted the recipe herself if it could have been mailed in a handwritten note on paper as thick as cream. If you pick this one, she gets all the credit. Thanks Mom! —ourlastsupper
Serves 4-6 cups
- 6 Ripe mangos, peeled and pitted
- 2 Whole habanero peppers, stems removed
- 2 Onions, halved
- 2 Cloves garlic, peeled
- Drizzle of Olive oil
- 1 Bunch cilantro, stems removed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup Cider vinegar
- Combine onions garlic and habanero peppers in a small cast iron skillet or enamel pan . Sprinkle with Olive oil. Roast in a 475 degree oven until vegetables are charred, about 25 minutes. Place roasted vegetables in a large sauce pan with peeled and pitted mango. Add vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook on stove top for 30 minutes. Cool slightly. Process in food processor until chunky smooth. Blend in cilantro. Put in small jars, refrigerate. Serve cold with chicken, pork, steak. Enjoy. Love Mom
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dip
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
Stress-Eat These Snacks
They're "True Detective" marathon approved
Stress-eat snacks for "True Detective."
Lemon bar cheesecake takes the cake.
Savor the season.
Bagel and lox, in a salad.
A board to go nuts over.