If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There used to be a wonderful folksy family-owned restaurant in New Orleans called Uglesich's (closed now unfortunately). One of their signature dishes was shrimp remoulade served over fried green tomatoes. Creole Remoulade sauce is very different from the traditional French Remoulade, and there are many different versions. Mine is quite tangy--it uses horseradish and more mustard than mayonnaise, and the heat is subtle (but can be amped up with more Tabasco if you prefer). I served this with a steamed artichoke and it's great with other vegetables or in place of mayonnaise on a sandwich. This is an elegant sauce that can add a lot of flavor to a simple broiled fish, and it's a down-home condiment that's great with french fries or in potato salad. I have changed some of the traditional ingredients --I left out ketchup, and made the mustard the main event--so feel free to play around with this to your taste. —drbabs
Serves about 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons minced celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 scallions, white and light green parts, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3-10 drops Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Creole mustard (i.e., Zatarain's, or you can use any coarse grained mustard)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Mince all celery leaves, parsley, garlic and scallions as finely as possible. Stir together with the rest of the ingredients. Taste and adjust seasoning.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Horseradish
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
DIY Nutter Butters Are Better
Sandwich cookies that take peanut butter seriously
DIY Nutter Butters.
A toast to toast.
Shop our new office.
How to make bouillabaisse.
We give it 8 tentacles up.