Author Notes: On a recent day when an acquaintance asked me what he should serve with grilled black bass, I instinctively said salsa verde. You can’t go wrong with salsa verde. There is no other sauce that extracts summer resources so vividly, or that pairs so well with other summer foods like grilled fish, chicken or steak. Salsa verde doesn’t have the heft of pesto, thanks to the acidity of vinegar and lemon, but it has plenty of kick from anchovy, garlic and red pepper flakes. You could add some basil or mint, but why should you? - amanda
Makes 3/4 cup
- 1 cup packed parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped capers
- 1 anchovy filet, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon juice, to taste
- In a small bowl, stir together everything except the lemon juice, then add the lemon juice to taste.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!