If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a great accompaniment to Indian spiced chicken or grilled mahi-mahi. This always gets rave reviews when I make it. I suggest using only fresh ingredients (not from a can or jar) for this recipe. - Sadassa_Ulna
Serves approx. 2 cups
- 1 large fresh ripe pineapple
- 5 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed, strained
- 1 fresh ginger root, three inch piece
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1 fresh mild green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Peel and grate the ginger root; lightly press into a fine mesh strainer over a medium mixing bowl to collect the juice. Discard the pulp.
- Slice the green chile into thin slices and then into 1" long pieces. Add to the ginger juice in bowl.
- Add all other ingredients except pineapple, whisk thoroughly.
- Peel and core the pineapple; cut into 1/2" thick slices, then into 1" squares. Add to the mix in bowl. Stir lightly.
- Chill for minimum one hour or overnight, covered.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Condiment
A Genius Dinner Party: Part 2
Of course, it involves no-knead pizza dough.
A genius dinner party: part 2
A list of things we like.
All you need for Memorial Day.
Home & design links we love.
Mortar and pestle perfection.