If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love a good veggie burger and the fact that they can be prepared in the oven for burgers any time of the year. This version, a riff on my favorite black bean veggie burgers, uses sweet potatoes and red beans as the base for a hearty, yummy burgers. - MadisonMayberry
Makes 4 burgers
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 (15-oz) can of red beans or black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8.5-oz) whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/3 cup cumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly grease with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Microwave the sweet potato in the microwave for 5 minutes. Remove from microwave, split in half and scoop out the flesh. Discard the skin. Place the flesh in the bowl of your food processor (this all can be done by hand with a potato masher if you do not have a food processor) along with half the kidney or black beans, half the corn, the flour, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper, coriander, paprika, and chili powder.
- Process until almost completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Transfer blended mixture to a bowl and add in the remaining beans, corn, and the crumbled feta cheese.
- Form mixture into four patties (mixture will be soft) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes, flipping gently half way through baking. Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes.