Author Notes: This is a recipe I learned from Cornell Extension cooks demonstrating at a farmer's market in the Bronx. It's great when it's so hot out that you don't even want to turn on the stove, but you already bought corn. - luvcookbooks
- 4 ears of corn
- 1 red pepper, slivered into match stick sized pieces
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, cut into rings
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- Strip the kernels from the cob. Put the cob in a bowel and use a knife, directed downward, to strip the kernels. Be careful not to scrape too deeply or you will end up with bits of fiber as well as corn kernel. Scrape the corn milk off of the cob with the flat of the knife after stripping the kernels.
- Mix all the vegetables together. Mix the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper and toss with the vegetables. Serve immediately or refrigerate tightly covered.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Brown Bag Lunch
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe